Learn how to write code for free

A Place For Programmers Of All Levels To Discuss Programming & Web Building.

Moderator: Community Moderator

OnTheLimit
R.I.P
R.I.P

Post by OnTheLimit »

To most people, computer code very much has a Matrix-like feel, with letters, numbers and symbols somehow making up the apps we use and the websites we visit. Behind all of that are the people who understand coding and are able to build and maintain it all.

Many coders knew it was what they wanted to do a long time ago and went to school for it. But for anyone who has only recently decided it is something they'd like to learn to do, there is an outstanding free option that will teach you.

You can learn from anywhere

Check out Codecademy.com and what you will find is a place that will teach you how to code at no cost. Just create an account with a username, email address and password or sign in via a Facebook, Google or Github account, and get rolling.

According to the site, "Whether you're writing your first line of code or transforming your career, start with us and get the technical skills you need to skill up and stand out." It's not just a tag line, either. It actually works.

Codecademy is an education company that focuses on the learning experience. Their take on teaching and learning is unique, as their goal has been to look at educating from a different perspective.

They have a variety of free courses which then lead on to less free ones in the hope that you will spend some money with them.

:icon_confused: Boy, this sure has come a long way since Mnemonic Assembler!
Clicking the "Thanks" button is a great motivator and a much appreciated courtesy!
All member donations, no matter how small, go directly towards keeping the servers up and the lights on!
srego
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Learn how to write code for free

Post by srego »

I'll go try, I want to make an APK.

-- 31 Mar 2018, 15:11 --

:confused: no APK course.
Ti3ger
First Adjutant
First Adjutant

Post by Ti3ger »

Or Accoustic couplers on teletype machines with paper tape punch feeds.. That was like trying to read braille! I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I hit college and they had punch cards that could be sorted by line number if you dropped them. (Not admitting to anything) Yah COBOL

Cheers :cheers:

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star.
But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.

Primitive life is relatively common, but that intelligent life is very rare.
Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth"

~ Stephen Hawking ~
LghPuppy
GFX Team
GFX Team

Post by LghPuppy »

Ti3ger » 31 Mar 2018, 19:56 wrote:Or Accoustic couplers on teletype machines with paper tape punch feeds.. That was like trying to read braille! I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I hit college and they had punch cards that could be sorted by line number if you dropped them. (Not admitting to anything) Yah COBOL

Cheers :cheers:
Oooooooooooooh I remember Cobol and Pascal, gave me finger cramps writing the damn crap out.
You do know Ti3ger your showing your age. :lol:
Please consider Donating
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
GhostRider2
Soldier First Class
Soldier First Class

Post by GhostRider2 »

Add this also:

Code: Select all

https://www.freecodecamp.org/
Last edited by GhostRider2 on 27 Mar 2019, 18:52, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Programming/Web Building Chat & Support”