Learn Wordpress

A Place For Programmers Of All Levels To Discuss Programming & Web Building.

Moderator: Community Moderator

lolek
Third year Cadet
Third year Cadet

Learn Wordpress

Post by lolek »

Hi Peeps :tongue: :tongue:

All you know that i love web design.Its not my job,i didn't finish school for this,and I am little bit old for this :) ,but i like the learn and I want to learn. I learn some basic html, css, lol I create a small forum.... but i am not good or professional web designer. More is that English is not my mother language.

Now i install on my computer Wamp and Wordpress on it. I try to create something but i can say that I'm stuck. I can create SMF, MyBB... but Wordpress is more complicated (for me). I downloaded some tutorials but this tutorials are pain in the a** .Why?? because I don't need 3/4 of what they speak there. How to install WP, what theme is the best, etc.

So what I really need????

I need one good tutorial where they speak about customise theme and use plugins. Tutorial how customize a theme from how to put buttons in menu , to the and (how to put last word in footer).

I hope that you will give me some good suggestions. :)
Monday
ChattChitto RG
ChattChitto RG
Location: The fact that some geniuses are laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses.

Re: Learn Wordpress

Post by Monday »

When I first started making some webpages, I would reverse engineer them. I'd get as many templates as I could, then work through them that way - figuring out what was done / used / applied here and there. Then I took a couple semesters of web design through the Quantitative Methods courses I needed for credits, but reverse engineering pages and features... that's about the only thing I can suggest for you. You can right click on the pages as well and get their source codes as well; might help - I've done that as well. But, you should look around, and get a bunch of templates online, and just work through them - learn the specific features you want to eventually master by sleep-walking through them.

The other thing is I thought WordPress came with the 'manual' when you downloaded it with the website you are trying to set-up / make?!? Don't quote me on that.

Good luck :thumbup:
lolek
Third year Cadet
Third year Cadet

Post by lolek »

Thanx m8 for your replay.
Someone know good tut for wordpress ?? :cheers: :cheers:
Akasha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Akasha »

Try and find lynda.com tutorial Lolek, they are excellent! I believe they have one on WordPress:

http://www.lynda.com/WordPress-training ... 330-0.html

And I believe they can be found around the net, but if you can't find it just make a request :ok:

I highly recommend them, they are all really good. Good luck :thumbup:
GhostRider2
Soldier First Class
Soldier First Class

Post by GhostRider2 »

SKillShare has 2

Code: Select all

https://www.skillshare.com/browse/wordpress
Last edited by GhostRider2 on 27 Mar 2019, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Programming/Web Building Chat & Support”