Web Design

A Place For Programmers Of All Levels To Discuss Programming & Web Building.

Moderator: Community Moderator

lolek
Third year Cadet
Third year Cadet

Web Design

Post by lolek »

I whant to learn how to create web,and about wed design (PHP).Honestly i just start to learn,so i am a noob!!!
I need help how to learn (e-books or tutorial or what ever) to to it.So all about PHP and how to start to learn it will be very nice!!!

Thanx guys for your help!!!!
Akasha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Web Design

Post by Akasha »

If you don't have any experience in creating websites PHP is not a good starting point, in my opinion lolek :) . Creating websites and doing web design requires having some knowledge and basic understanding of HTML, CSS, Java Script etc.
Maybe grab this book and read about it to start with:

Web Design For Dummies: http://www.chattchitto.com/forum/viewto ... =56&t=1155

There are tons of tutorials online as well. I'd recommend these:

w3schools (there is a PHP section if you want to read it)

htmldog

Hope this helps :thumbup:
Haggisman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Haggisman »

Agree with Akasha on this one. :P You need to get a good solid grasp of the basics before you start venturing into unknown territory. Go through the reading as suggested by Akasha especially Web Design for Dummies as its a very good starting point and will give you some idea of exactly whats involved and what you're getting yourself into.

Its a long learning curve so don't expect any quick results as it can take years to become a proficient web designer. Start with the basics and build on these as you become more experienced and confident. :thumbup:
Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway
Nuke
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Nuke »

The journey is neither quick nor easy. If you are serious, and you really want to learn to develop websites, read these steps. Afterwards I will provide some resource pointers.

1. Know where to start. Start with a front-end language, HTML is an excellent choice. I highly recommend you download Notepad++, and do this all by hand, you will learn 10X more from doing it all manually from scratch.
2. Practice.
3. Once you can program in HTML, add some CSS and learn to use it as well, you will thank yourself later.
4. Practice.
5. Once you are able to build pages with HTML and CSS, add some PHP to your list. See what you can accomplish with PHP.
6. Practice.
7. Once you can program with HTML, CSS, and PHP, add MySQL into the mix, giving you a full arsenal of languages, that can accomplish a great number of things.
8. Practice, then practice some more. The more you practice the more you will learn, understand, and accomplish. You will also get much faster with time and practice.

If your still interesting in learning here are some resources:

I highly suggest you install your own personal server to play with code. I use Wampserver personally, but there are alternatives. I cannot stress this enough, MAKE BACKUPS. Then, backup the backups. That way, you never lose what you have. Back up after a set period of time, and keep doing it, someday you will be glad you did.

There are tons and tons of resources out there. Generally speaking, no resource is really a bad resource, you learn what to do as well as what not to do, which is more than you knew before.

http://www.w3schools.com/ - A good place to start, has sections on HTML, CSS, PHP, and MySQL. It will give you a place to begin, as everyone has to start somewhere. Play around here a little look up some alternative sources, there are an infinite numbers of guides and resources out there if your willing to look.
http://us.php.net/ - The PHP site, you can look up tags, examples, and more here. Good place to reference.

If you get really stuck and can't figure something out, try doing a search for it, chances are someone somewhere has encountered that problem, and posted how they resolved it. Worst case, ask. Make a post on Stack Exchange, Dream in Code, or other similar sites and follow posting rules as well as be friendly and patient. Remember, people are helping you, not because they have to, but because they want to. If you figure it out, update your post with your solution, someone may find it helpful, or offer a better alternative.
lolek
Third year Cadet
Third year Cadet

Post by lolek »

Thanx guys!!
I do not have knowledge of web-design abd becouse of that i ask people who know :)
Now i know how and wher to start!!!
Will listen yours advice!!!
Akasha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Akasha »

Nuke » 01 Oct 2013, 04:52 wrote:
I highly suggest you install your own personal server to play with code. I use Wampserver personally, but there are alternatives.
Another one you can use is xampp :ok: , and Nuke's advice on how to start learning is excellent :thumbup:
But as as we all said here, start with basics, HTML and some CSS before you start with PHP, its really essential :)
Good luck lolek :thumbup:

P.S. Shocked to see Haggis agreed with me :icon_eek: , that must have been hard :P
lolek
Third year Cadet
Third year Cadet

Post by lolek »

Akasha » 01 Oct 2013, 11:36 wrote:
Nuke » 01 Oct 2013, 04:52 wrote:
I highly suggest you install your own personal server to play with code. I use Wampserver personally, but there are alternatives.
Another one you can use is xampp :ok: , and Nuke's advice on how to start learning is excellent :thumbup:
But as as we all said here, start with basics, HTML and some CSS before you start with PHP, its really essential :)
Good luck lolek :thumbup:

P.S. Shocked to see Haggis agreed with me :icon_eek: , that must have been hard :P
Yes i will start with HTML first,i download material what you sugest.Thanx for help :)

P.S Haggis agreed becouse you have the point :thumbsup:
Nuke
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Nuke »

Another good tip is, once you have a grasp on coding, download the code of others, and play with it. See what it does, how it works, and see what you can make it do.
stabl1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by stabl1 »

This is brilliant advice here.
I started to learn on my own a long time back,
but I had no guidance so I wasted a lot of time.
But this is good and very helpful.

Thanks to you all!
sunilk
VIP User
VIP User

Post by sunilk »

slow and study wins the race

Return to “Programming/Web Building Chat & Support”