How do you transfer a downloaded movie file to an ipod please?

Everything related to Handheld devices goes here.

Moderator: Release Moderator

Bearboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

How do you transfer a downloaded movie file to an ipod please?

Post by Bearboy »

Hello,

I would like to know how to download a downloaded movie file to an ipod. I have never used an ipod, but a friend has asked me if I can transfer movie files from my computer into itunes on her ipod. I've never used itunes either. Do the movies have to be itune movies or can they be regular movies? I'm thinking that I have to convert the movies first with some sort of software, but after that I'm a bit lost. Can anyone explain how to do this please?

Thanks so much. :confused:
amerkiller1995
Corporal First Class
Corporal First Class

Re: How do you transfer a downloaded movie file to an ipod please?

Post by amerkiller1995 »

i don't think you can just move files on an apple device. unless its jailbroken. you need to buy then movie and then transfer it using itunes
Haggisman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Haggisman »

Software here: http://www.chattchitto.com/forum/viewto ... 52&t=41110

1. Download and install the software.

2. Convert AVI as follows:

3. Add converted file to Itunes/movies, connect Ipod and synch. The converted movies will be transferred to the Ipod providing there is sufficient available memory on the Ipod.

There are other programs available that will convert and transfer all in one, but for the best quality I stick with this process, it takes longer but gives better quality. :)
Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway
Batster
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Batster »

Quite easy to do with video converters as Haggisman said above....another one is DvdFab, I use that one because it does everything I need....dvd's, blu ray, and conversion....also CC keeps uploading the latest and greatest versions :) http://www.chattchitto.com/forum/viewto ... lit=dvdfab
ChattChitto
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ChattChitto »

Newer version of Xilisoft:
http://www.chattchitto.com/forum/viewto ... 01&t=41599
(blame haggi for linking to an outdated version :P then thank him for the help :giggle: )

Why Xilisoft?
-Convert video to iPod, iPhone, PSP, PS3, Xbox, mobile phone, MP4 players, Google phones, Apple iPad, iPad2
To err is human, to forgive is divine
We can't all be heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and applaud when they go by.

ChattChitto RG - Apps Upload List: http://chattchitto.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=104
ChattChitto RG - Movies Upload List: http://chattchitto.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5092
ChattChitto RG - Music Upload List: http://chattchitto.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=34836
Haggisman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Haggisman »

Always the critic aren't we?? :P I tried your later version last week and had a problem with the install so I took the easy way out and went for box No. 2. :tongue:
Bearboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bearboy »

Thanks guys for your help. I'm going to be doing this tomorrow evening. I will convert them first as suggested. I suppose my friend knows how to connect her ipod to my computer. Believe it or not, I've never handled one before. New territory for me. And, yes, I'm a senior. :character-oldtimer: LOL.

Thanks again. :thumbup:
Haggisman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Haggisman »

If you get stuck let us know and we can guide you through the process. :thumbup:
Bearboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bearboy »

Hi and thanks everyone. i got the job done but it was quite an ordeal nevertheless. I don't know if it was her ipod or my computer but getting a program to work to transfer to her ipod was a nightmare. I tried just about everything I could find. Even went to the Bigasoft website in desperation to and downloaded their trial one, but every time I tried to open it up, it would fail without reason. Finally after about 8 grueling hours of this, I found a program that actually worked. 3herosoft did the job fantastically. The other programs either crashed in the transfer process or couldn't read her ipod at all. Imtoo didn't work and neither did Tansee? Tippard? Oh I can't remember the names now. Sorry. Anyway, in the end she happily flew her budget airline to Singapore with a bunch of movies I was able to give her for inflight entertainment. Much better than looking at 4 walls inside a cabin for about 8 hours or so.

Cheers and thanks everyone for all your help. Much appreciated. :appls:

Return to “Mobiles & Media Players”