iphone software unlock

Everything related to Handheld devices goes here.

Moderator: Release Moderator

raider4life
Soldier First Class
Soldier First Class

iphone software unlock

Post by raider4life »

i am looking for software to unlock/jailbreak the iphone 4 is there one available?
Haggisman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: iphone software unlock

Post by Haggisman »

Firstly jailbreaking and unlocking are two entirely different processes, jailbreaking allows installation of non-Apple approved software on the phone, unlocking allows the phone to use any sim card issued by any service provider.

If we're talking about unlocking, this is what is required. if you only want to jailbreak, you need only watch the second YouTube clip.

The operation for unlocking works by installing the 6.15 baseband used on the Apple Ipad.

Note after updating to the new baseband YOU CANNOT RESTORE TO AN EARLIER BASEBAND

I can verify this does work if done correctly as I've unlocked 2 phones using this method but if you're not comfortable using this method or you do something wrong
it is possible to brick the phone, however it can still be recovered if you know what you're doing.

If you choose to try this method, you do so at your own risk and it will also invalidate any and all warranties on the phone and Apple will refuse to attempt a fix because you are using the baseband reserved for the Ipad.

Unlocking instructions:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-if0pdKxcc[/youtube]

Note this process requires the phone to have already been jailbroken. information on how to do this is available here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GzSltXdlVY[/youtube]

Remember this process is irreversible but if done correctly, the phone works perfectly.:thumbup:
Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway
raider4life
Soldier First Class
Soldier First Class

Re: iphone software unlock

Post by raider4life »

thanks haggisman

Return to “Mobiles & Media Players”